Thursday 13 December 2012

Teaching Writing: Using Games

We were asked to play games which is have educational element in it. So, the games is Inside The Haiti Earthquake.






The game was very interesting. We can see how the earthquake really affect Haiti. We can even feel the experience by playing as one of the three different roles given. I was playing as the journalist in the games.

If I want to integrate this gaming into teaching, what I will do is to ask my student to play this game first. Then, inside the classroom, I will show some pictures of other natural disasters and ask them to compare it with the game that they played. After that, I ask them to write a short paragraph regarding this topic.



Natural disaster
Earthquake
(tsunami,etc..)
How does it happen?


What are the effect of it?


What safety precaution can we take if it occur?


 

1 comment:

  1. I like the idea of comparing two natural disasters. Maybe you could start with flood, as it is more frequent in Malaysia, compared to other natural disasters.

    ReplyDelete